- Theseus is just able to fight off worse set of symptoms in were-curse. Still have -2 to WILL. Aroooooooo
- we are ambushed by frosty nymphs and we blow some dallies to kill them
- we find a mansion. in front of mansion is an orchard, everything is chilly
- Theseus finally shakes the werewolf STD he got
- we start passing through the orchard. we freak out at a dead branch
- Nissa needs to make a Wisdom check and fails,things are made clearer
- we make it to the mansion. Aldor attempts to climb a tree. the tree comes to life and asks us to “speak the words that ring true”, the mansion doors open. Everything is eerily silent.
- “no one wants to talk to trees” – Aldor
- we determine that the 1st bedroom belonged to some kind of bard, and find a gaunt figure (is alive), no blue clothing, it is Shanta “he waits at the heart of the maze”. The fist “heals”, she says “hedge maze, outside grounds”
- bed #2, just dusty. find a book of recipes. this room was lived in by Nissa’s Father
- 3rd bedroom. another bard’s room. find yet another poem.
For sorrow masters me, and I am its slave:
For I am one with sorrow — its pain is mine. (C’s suggestion — far too overwrought.)
For I am sorrow, and it inhabits me. (needlessly wordy! should be simpler, tighter)
For I am sorrow, and sorrow am I.
>> Nissa remembers mom and dad talking about poem in hushed tones, but never when Nissa was around
- 4th bedroom: Wizard room. black robes. Aldor spends 25gp on detect hidden doors. Theseus finds a book the has notes on prince of frost: (we have to rap battle him)
- History check: get some info see email: You have heard the story of Helgar, a master bard who faced the Pale Prince in battle and weakened him by singing a song written by the Prince’s long-lost love.
- we go to hedge maze: we get to center and hear morose talking. it is the boy, dressed in bard’s garb. we enter his mind
- we argue about the finer points of a winding text
Scales of War